Titus Trust Complaints Policy and Procedure
The Titus Trust aims to provide its staff, volunteers, beneficiaries and their parents with the best possible service. We positively welcome suggestions you may have for how we can improve our service.
Usually, a word with the person at the point of service delivery will suffice should a problem arise. However, we recognise that from time to time there may be occasions when users of our services feel that the quality or level of service provided fall short of what they could reasonably expect. We also want to know about these occasions so that we can make good the problem and plan to avoid its repetition. If you have a complaint, we would like you to tell us about it.
This is what you should do:
1. If you have a complaint to make about the holidays, it should be made to a leader on the holidays who will try to resolve the issue informally. If you have a complaint to make about services apart from the holidays, it should be made to the staff member or volunteer leader involved or, if you do not have contact with a staff member or volunteer leader, to a Camp Group Leader as below.
Leaders – are anyone who is designated a leader on camp, they may be members of our staff or our more senior volunteers
Staff – are those people employed by the Titus Trust
Camp Group Leaders – these are listed below and are the most senior staff member in each Camp Group
2. If the issue is serious, or you are not satisfied after raising it with a leader or staff member, you should make a formal complaint.
3. Your complaint should be made in writing, marked “Private & Confidential”, and sent to the Camp Group Leader for the relevant holiday as set out below, who will acknowledge it in writing (normally within 7 days of receipt) and advise you how it will be handled. Remember to keep a copy of your letter. If your complaint relates to the Camp Group Leader, please write to the Chair of Trustees at the Titus Trust address above. We are not able to respond to anonymous complaints.
Lymington Rushmore Holidays
12 Lime Tree Mews
2 Lime Walk
Oxford OX3 7DZ
21 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AA
4. The Camp Group Leader shall – in consultation with the Chair of Trustees – investigate the complaint. They will take action to resolve the problem and tell you what that action is. They will at all times treat you with understanding and respect. Confidential information in relation to your complaint will be handled sensitively.
5. The Camp Group Leader shall communicate the results of the investigation to you within a reasonable time – normally 21 days.
6. You have the right – if dissatisfied with the results of the inquiry – to put your case in writing or personally to a panel comprising at least three members from The Titus Trust Trustee Board. If attending personally, you have the right to be accompanied by a friend or advocate to help put your case. The panel also has the right to have an advisor present.
7. Where appropriate, The Titus Trust will make a written apology to the complainant, and agree any further action necessary to make good the cause of the complaint.
8. All formal complaints and the response made to them will be recorded and filed in a secure place.
9. The Trustee Board shall be informed by Camp Group Leaders at the first available meeting of the number and nature of any formal complaints and their outcome, and consideration will be given to the implications these have for the planning and management of future services annually, as part of The Titus Trust’s self-evaluation.
10. You have the right – if dissatisfied with the results of your appeal – to refer the matter to the Charity Commission – www.charitycommission.gov.uk